Funding Portal

Funding Portal

American JOBS Act

FINRA and SEC

Regulation Crowdfunding

Title III

Regulation A+

Title IV

Annual Investment Limits

Equity Raisers - Equity Crowdfunding Portal for Startup Investors

What is the Jobs Act and why is it important?

SEC gives small investors access to equity crowdfunding!

On April 5, 2012, President Obama signed The Jumpstart Our Business Act (JOBS Act) into law. Effectively, the JOBS Act created the equity crowdfunding industry in the U.S. It greatly expanded entrepreneurs’ access to capital, allowing them to publicly advertise their capital raises Title II (Regulation 506c) and most recently, allowing companies to raise capital from the crowd (Title III and Title IV). Initially, private companies could only crowdfund from the wealthiest ~2% of Americans. On June 19, 2015, that changed. Three years after the American JOBS Act was initially passed, Title IV (Regulation A+) of the JOBS Act went into effect, allowing larger companies to accept capital from the general public (the other ~98% of Americans). This expanded when Title III (Regulation Crowdfunding) was enacted in October 2015 by also allowing early stage companies to accept capital from the general public.

 

 

 

Save

Save

Save

Save

Share Our Funding Portal
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

comments

There are 0 comment on "Funding Portal"